[nabs-l] Need more help...Navigating The Football Game Saturday

Serena Cucco serenacucco at verizon.net
Thu Nov 11 01:05:45 UTC 2010

Your fear of the unknown isn't dumb.  Having said that, I don't think drunk
guys will necessarily hurt you or anything.  If they're really so drunk that
they could hurt someone, I doubt they'd mess with you, unless they're really
not nice people when they're sober.  I think you're being blind helps you in
this situation, since, not too many people, drunk or sober, wanna mess with
someone with a disability enough to hurt them.  Bullying might be another
story, but that's pretty much over by high school.  I'll admit, if you
suspect someone might be drunk, you might not want him/her to direct you
somewhere cuz he/she might not really know where he/she is going as well as
he/she would if he/she were sober, but I don't think it's that much of an
issue.  When I was in college, we had a party where many people drank ...
that was one of the big activities.  Just to be safe, I asked an RA to
direct me when needed, but that was simply cuz I knew many of the RAs and
they often were familiar with the specific entrance of my dorm I was looking
for, not out of fear of drunk students.

Serena