[nabs-l] accessibility of blackboard

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:11:03 UTC 2010

I tried to use the discussion boards on Blackboard 9.1 (using JAWS
11), and could not post. I could read others' posts, but there was
literally no edit box for my post for me to post a reply or my own
topic. I don't know if this was just me, but I found it very
problematic. The chat is also not accessible, if I remember right.

Everything else, as far as I saw, was fully accessible. Grades,
handouts, quizzes (taking a quiz on Blackboard is easy!), and so on.

Not all schools have updated to Blackboard 9.1, however, so check
which version your school has and encourage them to update if they
don't have 9.1, the most accessible version.

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!