[nabs-l] Cane versus dog, who's the winner

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:48:30 UTC 2010

Antonio and  List,
  I think what's  Important to  point out is that  this call  does not
have a focus on who's right or wrong in choosing what mode of travel
they would rather utilize.  In fact, the tital  of the call is " Cane
Vs. Guide dog (pros and Cons".  What is  Meant By this is that we are
discussing both sides of each coin.  There are many people on this
list and in our division  ( and in the federation, for that matter)
that either do, or have had  expirience with dog guides, those who do,
or have had expirience with canes, and those who utilize neither.
 What you choose is a personal dicision, and it is respectible either
way.  I don't think  there is a "winner" in the sense the  language in
any posting related to this might have lead anyone to believe, and
I'll  be the first person to say that this call, while on a sunday,
will not be a gridiron clash, or WWE Steel Cage match.  I  Would
expect,  we all are looking for answers in the same way that we do
when on conference call or list serve,  and hope to find them in much
the same way that  the organized blind find them - by sharing
collective knowledge and expiriences.
 So, is there a "winner"? Not  at all- not in the triditional sense,
but certainly in the sense that onefinds the answers they are looking
for,  and figures out  for themselves what  best enables them to go
where they want, when they want,  with little inconvenience to
themselves or others.
  many thanks,
  Darian