[nabs-l] dog v. cane

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 21:50:42 UTC 2010

This is definitely a personal prefference.  I will only take my dog to
one movie theater in the area because the rest are too crowded, and
there is too much nastiness on the floor.  Movie theaters are
disgusting!

I would not take her to a concert, but I have taken her to musicals,
and I go to classical concerts all the time.  They put her right to
sleep.  Again, just a personal prefference.  I probably wouldn't take
my dog to a TSO concert.  Good call.  Way too loud.  Lol!

These are the kinds of decisions you have to make when you have a dog.
 Sometimes you realize after the fact that you probably shouldn't
taken your dog to a certain place because it just didn't work.  That
may happen.  As a first time guide dog handler, there are going to be
times like that, but NAGDU has a great list serve.  You can always ask
them, and the schools are always willing to help out as well.

I personally have not had many access problems.  I also would not want
that to stop you from getting a dog.  It is definitely something to
consider though.