[nabs-l] Do this class as an independent study!

Brian Hatgelakas brian.hatgelakas at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 01:05:00 UTC 2010

Elizabeth,

I am a recent college graduate from a small liberal arts college in Pittsburgh PA called Point Park University.  I majored in radio broadcasting and mass communications.  Being totally blind I took a mathematical experience class one on one with a certified math teacher from the Math department.  We split it into two semesters where I was given a lesson twice a week one on one and homework assignments were checked and graded.  I worked in conjunction with the disabilities services department and a reader to complete tests.  The professer that worked one on one with me made sure everything was adapted for me and wouldn't move on until I mastered a topic.  In the end I received a B minus and am really proud of that.  I worked hard and showed my appreciation to the teacher for working with me.  Right before graduation I rote a thank you note to the math department chair.