[nabs-l] dog v. cane

autTeal Bloodwortho tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:26:50 UTC 2010

you make some exceptional points which goes back to the initial decision
making process. For me being in college i am sitting for an hour and 15
minutes then off to the other class. I still use my cane frequently because
sometimes if we are just making a quick trip somewhere or i am going
somewhere already talked about. The main thing that i have acquired by
obtaining a guide dog is confidence though. I have been completely blind for
4 years as of last thursday and also i damaged the auditory nerve in the
right ear and nasal cavities. As you can imagine i have difficulty walking
in a straight line and hearing certain traffic cues because of the
continuous ringing in right ear and popping in both ears so for my situation
a guide dog was a good idea but it is a big responsibility and should be
thought about in depth.

        -Teal