[nabs-l] kapten gps by independent living aids

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 04:56:14 UTC 2010

It's a standalone device, although you can connect it to a phone via bluetooth to use it to answer calls and talk through it. The Kapten comes with a pair of headphones and a microphone, so you can basically carry your phone in your bag or something and just use the Kapten to guide you and to make phone calls via bluetooth. Basically it's a nifty little thing, but the GPS receiver that's built into it is really not the best out there. I really think it's enough for a driver or sighted pedestrian though. It will basically take you to the right place, and it's really cheap.