[nabs-l] Interesting discussion: Is Technology Turning into Our Enemy?

Jorge Paez computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:01:35 UTC 2011

Bridgit:

I too do that.

Even though I don't listen to vinal records, I still listen to CDs.
I have an iPod, and an iPhone which I use to listen to the music collection I've put on there but there are still CDs in my room.

And I use a note taker too.

Think its faster in many ways to a computer--braille 2 contractions are usable as a pose to writing everything out grade one, despite the fact I'm quite fast at both.

And yes, I won't mention names, but I knew a friend who spent all her time on the phone, then Skype/Clango, and Twitter.

Just to feel connected, and she used to just talk to random people from around the net.
Not only is that bad, but in this case unsafe.

And yes, as far as old tech, I've always used a brailler--its the only tool my Vision Teacher allows for Math which I happen to like,
because it keeps all the equations at my fingertips without having to go back and forth from braille display lines.

By the way: do you have a plain phone for AT&T?

All I need is to be able to text and take calls.
Maybe put some music on it.

Reason I'm asking is because I mostly use my iPhone for that--calls and ocational texts,
and the iPod feature.

I only use the internet for email, and even so I never type emails on the touch keyboard.

(preferibly if it has a quorty keyboard for texting)

Thanks,

Jorge