[nabs-l] The Power of words--is this the image we want forourchildren with visual impairment?

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:22:44 UTC 2011

Yeah...not cool, I guess.  I just don't see how complaining about it,
with the exception of maybe writing the company a letter, does
anything?  Honestly, the best way, in my humble opinion, to combat
these stereotypes is going out there and proving them wrong.  I know
there are legitimate cases where you need to formally complain or sue
or whatever, I think this maybe could be but it's on the borderline,
but honestly the most effective way to show we're not inferior
is...well, going out in to society and showing we're not inferior.
Doing that is probably a more efficient use of time than making a big
sceen about a tv comercial...but that's just my two cents.  And
honestly, it does grate on me a little.  But, and I say this in the
nicest and least condescending way possible, I have more important
things to worry about...but I'd certainly be happy to sign a letter or
petition or whatever, if such a thing gets sent.
  Regards,
Kirt