[nabs-l] Google talk.

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:58:20 UTC 2011

Hi, Mellisa,
  As far as I know, Google Talk is not very accessible (I have given
the program several tries with JAWS over the years). If the community
college is looking for an accessible instant messaging program, I
would recommend AIM, which can link with the user's gmail account so
it basically functions like Google Talk. I have also heard of other
blind people using an IM client called Miranda, although from my
understanding its set-up can be somewhat complicated. Hope this helps!
   Katie