[nabs-l] navigating the airports

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 12 20:06:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I haven’t flown alone and don’t know when I will. But I wondered what the experience is like.
For security, do they take your cane and then you walk through the metal detector without it?
Has anyone experienced those body invasive body scanners? How long does that take? Do you have to step in something for it?
I think those scanners violate our privacy, but that is another matter.

So when do you request assistance? What do you do if they bring a wheelchair? Just not use it, probably.
Do they take you to your gate? Also, how do you obtain info found on those screens like flight delays or if they change the location for your flight?

Also, any airline better than others?

And not blindness related, but what is the rule now a days for medicines?
Do they still ban everyday objects in carry on bags such as scissors, nail clippers, and tweezers?
Flying is a pain for anyone, but its more convenient than taking the train.

Thanks.

Ashley