[nabs-l] Obtaining electronic text

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:40:51 UTC 2011

Joshua,

You are NOT certainly the only one on this list who sees the importance to
Braille. I am a non-traditional student, which means I am just older than
most students on this list. As a young child I learned Braille, I hated it.
Then I lost my vision, and I needed the Braille. Now as a student, I could
not get through a day of school or school work with out knowing, reading and
or using Braille. My math textbook was Braille by the college, and it has
been the best thing ever.

I would have to say that there is that "population" out there who does want
their e-books, and computers to do all there reading. But in some cases
using a rfbandd book, or a nls, or bookshare book, is just as helpful. I use
all those things.

I would say a majority of the NFB people see the importance to Braille. So
keep on talking to people about Braille and about how the NFB has and will
continue to advance the use of Braille.

Marsha