[nabs-l] Needing Text Pal

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 00:28:38 UTC 2011

Nicole,

You are right.  When I mentioned converting PDF documents, I meant ones
that are accessible.  I am sure you know more than I do, but I don't
think inaccessible PDF's will convert to text either.  Since JAWS
recognizes these PDF's as pictures, essentially, it won't recognize the
text in any other format.  JAWS still "sees" it as a picture.

If I have no other option, I print out inaccessible PDF's and rescan
them.  Usually this works, though not always.

I, too, don't like converting PDF's into text files.  I only do this
when I need to mark passages frequently.

Even when sighted, I never understood the advantage of PDF's over Word.

Bridgit

Message: 3