[nabs-l] unemployment rate

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:01:23 UTC 2011

Kirt,

I know this thread has long since passed, but I just wanted to write to say
I'm sorry, you are correct. Nothing in your original post said or implied
that you devalue the work of blind folks in the blindness field. It was an
unfair characterization. Everything I said still stands, generally speaking,
and many people do devalue the blindness work, but you did not.

To answer the question, I know of no such statistic, but, fortunately for
you, your success in gaining employment in whichever field you choose is not
dependent on the number of other blind folks who have been successfully
employed in that field. I can see where the temptation to gauge your
prospects against the number of  others who have done what you want to do
comes from, but I wouldn't give it too much thought. Just get the education,
develop the skills, and keep the determination, and you will be bringing up
the numbers of the employed blind in no time.

Take care,

Sean