[nabs-l] books on blind history

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jan 4 18:32:06 UTC 2011

Dr. Jernigan gave an interesting banquet address called "Blindness, Is History Against Us" perhaps from 1973 or so which notes that blind people have
been more a part of history than commonly believed.  He covers a few who were quite well-known but are not commonly heard of today.  You might find that
interesting.  The text can be found at

http://nfb.org/legacy/fr/fr1/fr92fl17.htm

I found this to be very interesting when I read it for the first time many years ago, but I ended up almost reading the whole thing now while looking for it.

When doing a search on NFB.ORG, I did not find the text of "Hope Deferred," but there are a number of references to it.  I did find a PDF version within
GoogleBooks for $5 but don't know about the accessibility.  This may still be copyrighted.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson