[nabs-l] waver

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 02:41:44 UTC 2011

Wa wa wa, I have so much crap to deal with, I'm the poor disadvantaged
blind person, everyone have pity on me...

LOL...

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Seriously, though, in the grand scheme of things, whether you are
blind or not - no one gives a damn.  Ultimately, we've all got to fend
for ourselves and no one, I repeat no one, should be permitted to skip
up a requirement in a program because they are blind.  Being blind
does not make us special; thus, we deserve no special exceptions.  Of
course, there's the obvious; if you have to take a course that
requires that you look through a telescope or something, that is
clearly something that we cannot do; therefore, different arrangements
may need to be made.

Sorry if the post seems harsh but I have little tolerance for people
who whine about their blindness and "all the crap we have to deal
with."

Thanks,
Robby