[nabs-l] XL question

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:38:50 UTC 2011

I love to use Excel for formulas. You can do much more than add, and
i'm sure if you google it, you can find syntax for several formulas.
If you are interested in typing the individual cell numbers that you
want to add, you would navigate to the cell in which you want to type
your formula, and press the = key. then type, without the quotation
marks as follows of course replacing it with the cells you intend to
add, "sum(a1,b2,c3) and press enter. Typically JAWS moves to the next
cell down, so you can press the up arrow and find your answer. If the
cells you are adding are right next to each other, sometimes it is
easier to write a formula that represents a range of cells to save
time. For example, you would type the equals sign then, "sum(a1:d1).
the colon includes each cell in the range from a1 to d1. If you
accidentally type a formula wrong or want to replace it with a
different one, pressing the delete key on that cell will clear the
formula.

Hope this helps, and like I said, there are a ton of other things you
can do with Excel formulas that google could definitely help with.

Cindy