[nabs-l] notetakers: are they worth buying anymore?

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 04:01:56 UTC 2011

Chris,
Absolutely, our special notetakers serve a purpose still.
I agree with Kirt.
Notetakers are great for notetaking!  They have built in braille displays
and its just so easy and efficient! With a netbook/laptop you have to lug it
around, and to write anything  it has to boot up, you open the word
processor, write, save info, and exit the program. With a few keystrokes on
my Braille Note, I can do the same things. I can put phone numbers,
addresses, little notes, large notes from classes,
and reminders in quickly and efficiently. I heard you can get a display for
your IPad or I Phone, but its not the same  as the Braille Notes easy built
in display with cursor routing keys.
We have had this discussion before and I think the opinions were half and
half. Also til companies build in more accessibility, many of us will like
the special notetaker built for blind people with accessibility right there
and some of us may not like touch screens. I love the Braille Note with its
ability to just operate with braille. I hardly ever use speech and I am glad
I don't have to hear that synthesized voice; with a IPad,IPod touch, or
whatever I'd be forced to primarily use speech again. I already have to use
jaws on my computer.
Ashley
or