[nabs-l] Guide dogs at an early age

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:05:00 UTC 2011

Someone asked in an other thread how Matt Cooper was given a guide dog at age 11. I got my dog at the same time as him from the Mira foundation in Quebec. Their website is www.mira.ca. They select a small group of children every summer and give them guide dogs. One needs to pass a few tests and be able to travel independently with a cane in order to get into the program. I still have the dog they gave me in 2004 and would never think of geting my next one from anywhere else. My experience with them was just fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone