[nabs-l] A blind Fulbright grantee's question

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:11:35 UTC 2011

Jedi,
  I pretty much agree with you here-although I would add one more
consideration to the mix.  All disability resource centers are not
created equal.  Some have the capability to produce braille books,
others do not.  Some have the ability to scan large textbooks and
convert them to suitable computer files while others don't.  The
reliability and quality of volunteer reader programs can vary
considerably from university to university.
  Adriana,
  I suggest you do a little research on the disability centers at each
of the universities you're considering.  Look at their web sites, send
them emails-if you can, call them up and see if they can do an
over-the-phone appointment to talk about their capabilities and
limits.  If you need any help finding contact info for the disability
centers, I'm sure someone on this list can be of assistance.  We're
here to share information, after all.
  Hope that helps,
Kirt