[nabs-l] Fwd: Object-oriented Programming Classes Questions

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Fri May 20 12:28:06 UTC 2011

Generally beginning object oriented courses are done in Java. Sometimes
it will be C++, but it's almost always Java with all of the institutions
I know about. You will have no trouble if all you need to write are text
based applications. If you have to develop GUI apps, things get a little
more interesting because well, frankly, the access to them is just not
there. There have been efforts to make it work in the past, but yeah.
It's just not there at the moment.

Sorry, but I can't really provide any assistance with visual studeo
since I don't use that particular environment. I'm more a unix guy
myself when it comes to programming.
Joe