[nabs-l] techniques for shopping and trends

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:54:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I'm curious whether anyone who has been blind since birth/childhood
has figured out how to give people good feedback on clothes they try
on, etc. and if so what techniques do you use? I too enjoy shopping
with friends and family and I would love to be able to help them pick
out stuff but I don't really get a sense of what looks good or not
based on a description, I think because I have never actually seen
colors etc. Do you guys get a sense for whether something fits right
by feeling it on someone who's wearing it?
Best,
Arielle