[nabs-l] A few tips for forming a student division

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:10:00 UTC 2011

Aubri and all,

   I believe the process of contacting your affiliate president and
expressing interest is always a solid starting point.  Once that
contact is made, keeping nabs (either board member assigned to your
region, nabs president, or both) in the loop is always good and can
prove helpful if other students are found in your area.
  Also, nabs can assist you in connecting with your affiliate
president and, if desired, can work with both student contact and
affiliate president in making the potential organizing of a student
division   a reality.
 For Alaska, I believe your affiliate President is Bill Packee.
Bill’s E-mail address is alaskanfb at yahoo.com.
 The board member assigned to your region is Dominique Lawless.
Dominique’s E-mail is dlawless86 at gmail.com
  Dominique is a wonderful resource, and would be more than happy to
help you however she can.  As well, I have no doubt that Bill will be
just as happy to hear from you and would love to have your assistance
in   building a Division in Alaska.
Generally, affiliate presidents are very receptive to younger members
of their affiliate who wish to take on leadership responsibilities,
and more to the point, they see the effect student divisions have in
our movement.  Presidents are often looking for those people who want
to start a student division, and they really want to see them stay
strong and active.

  I hope this is helpful.  If you find you need any further help,
please feel free to contact any member of the board, and we will make
sure to get you right   where you need to be.
  Best wishes and good luck,
  Darian