[nabs-l] accessible ebooks

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 12:53:00 UTC 2011

Hi Menno,
Welcome to the list.  I'm not currently using windows but I just did a similar search for accessible epubs on the mac for some of the books I need this semester.  The Adobe Digital Editions 1.8 Beta is supposed to work well with Jaws on windows and VoiceOver on the mac.  I'm not sure how well it will work with Window Eyes, but its worth a shot.

Also, I just purchased an accessible epub through google books.  This surprised me because I didn't think google books were accessible, but so far its great.  Apparently there is some way to download the book onto your computer but I have been reading it through the google books website and it seems to work fine.  I'm not sure if google books are available outside the U.S., but I would think so.

On a side note, has anyone else had success with google books?

I hope this is helpful.

-Greg