[nabs-l] Phone Banking

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:47:01 UTC 2011

Ashley,

I have done a ton of phone banking. Just familiarize yourself with the
general gist of the script, and put it into your own words. Not only will
you get the message across, you won't sound like you are spouting some
canned crap. If they don't have electronic call lists, have them get a
volunteer to help you. There are frequently folks who want to help out, but
who are not comfortable making phone calls. Reading names and numbers to you
gives them a way to contribute, and allows you to work as well. Though, I've
found that most of the time they are able to provide things electronically
or work from a web based list anyway.

Feel free to email me off list if you have any questions about volunteering
on campaigns.

Take care,

Sean