[nabs-l] Kindle from Amazon accessibility

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:31:20 UTC 2011

Most stores have a refund policy. Expecting a full refund if this isn't
the policy just because the product isn't accessible isn't something a
company is obligated to do. Currently, no law claims all products must
be accessible to all users. And if you, as a consumer, didn't research
the product beforehand, it's not a company's fault you spent money on a
product you can't independently use. If you had ask if the product was
accessible for blind users and the answer was yes, then you may have a
solid reason for demanding a full refund. Without having done this, or a
company advertising full accessibility, a consumer, a consumer of any
kind, doesn't have a legal right to a refund not the norm based on a
company's policy.

It may not be fair that we can't use Kindel's as blind consumers, but on
the flip side of the coin, we shouldn't purchase items, especially
technology, without knowing ahead of time if it will be accessible or
not. I had thought Kindel was working to make the product accessible,
but if you bought it without knowing for sure, it's not Amazon's fault.
Most retailers have a refund policy of some kind, and I know Amazon
does, but if its policy is to not provide full refunds, I wouldn't
expect a full one just because the Kindel isn't accessible. This sucks,
but Amazon doesn't advertise it as so, nor is Amazon legally obligated
to offer it as so.

Bridgit

Hello,
I recently perchased a kendel from Amazon.com and have discovered that
it is not accessible to me as a blind person. Have anybody experienced
simillar problem? I am wanting to return the product because it is not
accessible and I want my full refund including shipping cost. Can I ask
for full refund including shipping cost based on the arguement that the
product is not accessible for a  blind person? thanks Anmol