[nabs-l] Advanced foreign language advice needed

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Aug 24 21:00:35 UTC 2012

My view may not be popular -- but, it seems to me that as blind
persons we need to be able to take notes as does everybody else.  Use
of a human note taker, while it may seem expedient, isn't going to
prepare you for the real world.  Unless you have a problem, in
addition to blindness, most employers aren't, and shouldn't provide
you with a note taker.  We need to have the tools to study as
everybody else does.

I would use the Braille note to take notes in class, and worry about
powerpoints etc. later.

Dave