[nabs-l] learning braille

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:34:40 UTC 2012

HiStephanie,
I applaud you on wanting to take the initiative to learn Braille and I
completely understand not wanting to go to a center for 6-9 months.
Many of us did it but it's not for everyone especially if you have
other work or school (or family/personal) commitments at present.
I don't know much about Hadley but I'd definitely suggest searching
their website for Braille courses to find out more. If you are a
member of an NFB chapter, you might also ask if anyone would be
willing to work with you either as a student in the Hadley course or
as a volunteer instructor giving you materials to read and offering
feedback on your reading. Do you still remember the alphabet?
Arielle