[nabs-l] Question about IPhone through Verizon

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:37:59 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

The trick for any blind user of an iDevice is knowing the
gestures.  I have an iPod Touch, and have only recently gotten
the gestures down.  I'd just advise you to play around with the
gestures and learn what they do.  You could start out playing
around with the VoiceOver practice, which you can get to from
settings, accessibility, VoiceOver, VoiceOver practice.  Once on
that screen, you can try the different gestures out: flick,
swipe, double-tap, etc, and VoiceOver will tell you what these
gestures do.  You can also check out www.applevis.com, which is a
great resource for podcasts and other tutorials for using
different parts of the iPhone/iPod/iPad with VoiceOver, as well
as accessible apps.  Another great resource for getting started
with the iPhone is the book...  well...  "Getting Started with
the iPhone," which is available from National Braille Press; I
believe it is available in both hardcopy Braille and e-Braille.
Just play around with it and take advantage of the wonderful
resources on the Internet that can help you! The touch screen and
gestures will seem a little tedious at first, but just be patient
and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.  Good luck and have fun!

Chris

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan