[nabs-l] Braille Under Siege As Blind Turn To Smartphones

jonathan franks franks.jonathan13 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:41:03 UTC 2012

I believe Braille is very important, I went blind in 2006, learned
braille in 2007. Sure Jaws and programs of the like are great. But
sometimes reading things off a computer or other device doesn't really
keep the mind going. When you read braille, it keeps your brain going
and your mind wondering. Remember Technology may not always be there
working for you, batteries will run out, electricity will go out, but
your slate and stylus is always there with no batteries needed. I do
record my college lectures with my victor stream, but I always have my
slate and stylus handy if needed to take notes or write other things
down. Keep reading braille my friends, it will take us places and keep
us going.