[nabs-l] a question about getting lost

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 28 02:56:59 UTC 2012

Vejas,
As others have said its fine to be lost and find your way back. Its about
problem solving.
Sighted people do that. That aid had a bad attitude then. There is a
difference in getting lost and figuring it out versus getting lost and
getting a guide back. One technique is to do what you did, check room
numbers. If the numbers go up and you need them to go down, go the opposite
way. Another one is to find a familiar landmark to get reoriented. So no,
you did not do anything wrong.

Ashley