[nabs-l] daisy players

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 03:41:42 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I know humanware sells victor reader, vr, products which play daisy cds.
They don’t have many options though. I’m disappointed they discontinued the vr classic and vr wave.

What is the vr stream cd edition? Is the attachment a daisy cd player or just a way to transfer cds to the stream?
The description said

VR Stream CD Edition combines the world renowned VR Stream and a special CD player accessory. Ideal for readers who do not use a personal computer and who want the benefit of a pocket size Stream DAISY/MP3 player.

Also the VR stratus has a CD slot as well as ability to use SD cards and USB drives for books/music.
Are ther other daisy cd players out there? They seem to be fewer as many just download to computers and transfer to sd cards. Just wondering other options. I prefer daisy cds. While I do have a computer and internet, not everyone does, so its good to have these daisy cds.

I wasn’t sure if freedom scientific’s player was just for SD cards or whether it had a CD player too. I think its called the Plextor pocket or something like that.

Thanks.
Ashley