[nabs-l] Sex Education Curriculum

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 22:08:28 UTC 2012

Joshua,
Nope; we are at a disadvantage in learning about sex. I think this  survey
is a good idea.
Without any vision, perhaps you don't realize how visual stuff is and what
you are missing. Sex is portrayed in videos and pictures. Sighted kids learn
from tv, movies, books and magazines. We do not see those pictures.
I remember this  sex stuff as part of health class. We did not discuss
anything controversial. We just learned about the body parts and functions;
however, it was  kind of confusing without the visual pictures.
Come on, even if you wait til marriage, do you really want your wife
teaching you basic stuff about this activity?
Also, books do not mean much without a reference explaining the act. I know
from experience. When a book says a certain term, I had no clue what it
meant without looking it up! I won't get into details other than to say I
know less about sex than my peers my age.

Ashley