[nabs-l] Freshman year

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:37:33 UTC 2012

Katie,
Hi, my name is Beth.  I did not graduate college yet, but I'm
going back in a major of women's studies.  I had bad experiences
in high school as well.  You are welcome to write me off list if
you need something or whautever it is you want to talk about.
Whuaft college are you going to?  My old university recently had
to settle a lawsuit with a friend of mine or two over its math
department inaccessibility.  So I'd be careful whaut college you
are going on to.  As for approaching the subject of someone who
can see learning about your blindness, I'd put a little humor in
it.  I'm not sure, but first, I'd write down whaut you want to
say, read that out loud to yourself, and then decide for yourself
whether you want to say it or not.  Sometimes a littel humor gets
people disarmed much quicker than just saying, "I'm blind.  I
can't see.  I have to be accommodated." etc.
Beth