[nabs-l] financial aid

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 22:40:09 UTC 2012

Josh,
I agree. All I'll say is I know Christians, Muslims and jews who use credit
cards, mortgages, and student loans.
You don't  have to acrue mass debt to use them. Perhaps you all need a
lesson in how loans work! I am no expert, but I do know if you pay off your
mortgage and credit cards, you have a good credit score and do not get in
debt. Those
people who get in mass debt overspend and only pay the minimum amount of
credit each month. If you pay off
your credit card balance every month, you are fine. No debt!
A debit card is used to electronically take out money from an account
immediately. A credit card can be sort of like a debit card if you pay it
off. That is what my  brother does and its fine. What I mean is if you spend
50 dollars a month, instead of paying the minimum of say 15 dollars, you
write the credit card company a check for  $50.

So then no debt.

Joshua lester, I think you
will change your mind soon. Do you realize that to get an apartment or
house, you need a good credit rating. You cannot get credit history without
a credit card. There are three credit bureaus who check credit history.
When you get out on your own, you will find it difficult to find rent or
housing or other big services without a credit history; your parents will
have to co sign for you or another person with good credit history will
cosign.

Religion has nothing to do with loans or credit!
Okay, how you spend your money may be a religious decission,  like I donate
to religious charities, but religion does not impact loan decissions.

People need a finance lesson and I don't think schools teach this enough.
I think they should so people don't have ideas like this.
I hope this helps.

Ashley

Now, back to student loans. I am wondering just how they work. What is the
interest rate on them?