[nabs-l] a question about science and tutoring

David Dodge daviddod at buffalo.edu
Thu Mar 8 05:58:30 UTC 2012

Sometimes, diagrams are useful and at other times they are not. Do not
dismiss them always just because they do not always work. Try to see if
they are helpful first and if not you need to find an alternate way of
understanding the material.

Some alternate ways of understanding the material include: asking someone
to explain it to you, reading paragraphs in the textbook, and asking the
teacher to explain it in a different way that doesn't include diagramming.

Tutoring is never a bad idea as long as the tutor and person being tutored
are both committed. If blind people can tutor sighted people then sighted
people can tutor blind people successfully too.

David
David Dodge
Diversity in Disability Planning Committee Chairperson
Alternative Break Program Student Logistical Coordinator
English Major
University at Buffalo
306 Clemens Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260