[nabs-l] problems with blio

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:49:17 UTC 2012

Hi y'all,

Recently, I got the Blio app, which is an acessible Ebook reader
for the iPhone. Yeserday, I bought a book from the Blio store and
attempted to rea it only to find that the text-to-speech feature
was not enabled. I doubt there is any way to manually enable this
feature, but if there is, would you please let me know? What
troubled me about this was that nowhere in the product details
did it tell me whether text-to-speech was enabled or not. And
just out of curiosity, why would text-to-speech not be enabled on
a website specifically designed for blind users?
Yours,
Sophie Trist