[nabs-l] College

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon May 14 17:17:57 UTC 2012

Lanie,
I had time today to read some old messages.
I believe you said you dropped the course. But for next time, I have some
ideas. It may not be what most NFB members would do, but I figure sometimes
we have to use other's help. Why not see  a safe place to store your
brailler and books at school? Then pick them up at the end of the day or
week.  What I mean there is if your class is tuesday and thursday, pick the
brailler up thursday.

I'd see if you can store the stuff in your professor's office, a locker if
the school has them, or another office near your classroom. Explain that its
taxing to haul them around campus.  A librarian offered to store my tape
recording device with her; I use it to record readers. I didn't even ask
her, she just offered, I declined politely as I was fine carrying it around.
But it was nice of her to offer.

Ashley