[nabs-l] Daisy Texts

Tony Olivero anthony at olivero.us
Sun May 20 17:33:09 UTC 2012

Gloria,

While Chris is possibly correct, in as some books will give numbers
like "1.2" or "1.2.3" for section numbers (a behavior I've seen most
commonly in technical publications), there is another possibility.

Sometimes the DAISY page numbers don't match the printed page numbers.
It all depends how the material was prepared. For example, even when I
assign a user defined page number in Kurzweil 1000, making the file on
my computer match the printed book, saving as DAISY always results in
the first page of the file being page 1, instead of a "preliminary
page". So, it is possible you are hearing two different page numbers,
one in the text from scanning or production, and one assigned by the
DAISY file.

As to your second question, why do you need your member ID? If you are
trying to log into the Learning Ally website your username should be
the e-mail address you initially signed up for. If not, you could also
try using your SSN as your member ID. I can't remember for sure, but I
have a vague recollection they used those as an ID at one point.

Tony