[nabs-l] clothes shopping and organizing

Wasif, Zunaira Zunaira.Wasif at dbs.fldoe.org
Thu Oct 18 13:39:40 UTC 2012

I don't like shopping with other people,  except maybe a friend  occasionally.  I could never rely on a stranger who works at a store to help me pick out things.  Usually, I find  pick up a bunch of items that I like.  I can usually tell if it’s the correct size by how if feels.  Then I try it on and take my final selections to the register.  At the register I always ask them to tell me the color and if the item has any print.  If the print sounds freaky I tell them I don't want the item and they don't mind putting it back for me.
Matching isn't really that hard. Most dress pants for the office are neutral colors, black, gray, tan, ETC.    You can where jeans with any thing.  I like dresses also and dresses are really simple to match with shoes.
I rarely buy a complete outfit that can not be mixed and matched with other stuff in my closet.  Once I buy something I always remember what color it is.  They do have color identifiers for people who struggle with that kind of thing.  I really love clothes so I make it a point to remember.   The mile stone device has a pretty good color identifier that provides detailed info about the color of the item.
You can remember what items go together by how they feel.  Material and texture are rarely the same so attending to those details will help you differentiate items.
I've had to develop techniques for shopping as independently as possible because I'm  super picky and have very different tastes from my mother and sister.  Also,  I like shopping at smaller stores much more than shopping at department stores.  The items are less generic and its easier to find what you need.  I hope this helps.