[nabs-l] accessible phones

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 20:10:53 UTC 2012

Hi Ashley,
The iPhone screen reader, VoiceOver, helps with touch-screen
navigation by voicing every button you touch. You can drag your finger
around the screen until VoiceOver says what you need, and then touch
the screen with a second finger (a "split tap") or tap your finger
twice quickly on  the button to select it ("double-tap"). You can also
flick the right-hand side of the screen to move the cursor from one
screen element to the next. Once you have used the phone for a while,
you will remember where many things are on the screen; for example,
when I am on the home screen, "Phone" is in the lower left and
"Messages" (for texting) is on the upper left.
HTH,
Arielle