[nabs-l] Living in New York City

Ignasi Cambra Díaz ignasicambra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:06:25 UTC 2013

Hello all,
I will be moving to New York City in August and was wondering how things are over there for blind people in general? Is public transportation good? How about big intersections etc? Of course I have been to New York in several occasions before but only for short periods of time.
Ideally I would like to find an apartment near Juilliard (Lincoln Center Plaza) as it would be the most convenient option for me, but I don't know if that will be possible for several reasons. I am trying to figure out how realistic it would be for me to live far away from Juilliard and go back and forth? I have a guide dog and have no problems at all dealing with public transportation, but don't know much about New York and Manhattan in particular when it comes to these things.
Any comments, tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

IC