[nabs-l] Technology question regarding navigating campus with GPS

Patrick Molloy ptrck.molloy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:06:01 UTC 2013

Hope,
I've had some experience with the Trekker Breeze, and I think that,
under the circumstances, it can work well. However, depending on your
campus, you may run into a unique problem. My college campus is quite
nice with lots of tall trees. Unfortunately, said trees could quite
literally block the satellite signal. So, I used a GPS when I was
learning my campus, but it really wasn't practical on a day-to-day
basis. I found it much better to memorize the campus, starting with
the areas I would need first and working from there. While I don't
know your school or its campus, you may run into this problem as well.
I haven't actually done anything with the BrailleNote GPS, but it
seems like a versatile tool. That might be another option if you want
to go the GPS route.I hope this was somewhat helpful.
Patrick