[nabs-l] Braille Music

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 06:04:01 UTC 2013

Hello,
Terri started this conversation and I answered her off list so this is
for Helga.
I'm a Braille Music Teacher and I can tell you that if you find some
music written for strings, (with chords involved), that will be an
adequate substitute for guitar music. Sometimes guitar tablature is
used but that has words and letter names so you'll pick that up
immediately. If you have access to piano music, that will help you get
used to how chords are written but be aware that scores transcribed
nowadays will have the left hand's intervals reading upwards while the
right hand's intervals read downwards.

Very best wishes,
Sandra.