[nabs-l] for those headed to washington seminar, an introduction

Mauricio Almeida mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:28:43 UTC 2013

greetings all,

I just wanted to give those of you who are going to washington seminar a quick introduction of me, as I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible during the event.
I have been an active figure  within blind communities  since small, when I still lived in sao paulo, brazil.
My first encounter with a politician was in 2003, when at the age of nine i reminded the state governor about the importance of accessibility in the city's subway systems as well as the fundamental difference that politicians could make should they communicate to one another beyond power struggles.
Since meeting the governor in a store, I joined an american school, graduated from high school and now attend michigan state university as a psychology major, while serving as the vice president of the michigan association of blind students..
I have been helping families with children who are blind since about two years ago, and the importance of educating and making people aware of the needs of the blind was even more clear to me since  them.
It will be my great pleasure to meet all of you and develop friendships as well as learn about your experiences during washington seminar.
my contact information is below for anyone interested.

see you in dc,

Mauricio Almeida
phone: 5178994969
facebook: Facebook.com/mauriciopmalmeida
e-mail: mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com
Skype: mauriciopma10
blog (english): www.mauricioalmeida.net