[nabs-l] GRE

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:19:04 UTC 2013

Hi Joseph,
There are lots of GRE veterans on this list and if you search the
archives you should find lots of info. Also, Ruth Loew is assistant
director of disability policy at ETS and she has worked with NABS for
many years and is always willing to help students figure out the
accommodations process. Her email is:
rloew at ets.org
The short answer to your question is that you can take the GRE in
Braille, large print, with a reader or on the computer using a
self-voicing version of the test with a built-in screen reader. If you
use
Braille you will be assigned a scribe to record your answers and can
use a Perkins Brailler for scratchwork on the math sections and essay
writing. I think the self-voicing test comes with a Braille question
booklet so you can follow reading comprehension passages and math
diagrams. For that reason I don't think the self-voicing test
progresses according to your answers like the computer test for
sighted people does. Other than that, though, they should be pretty
equivalent.
Arielle