[nabs-l] A weird question that came up for me recently.

Ari Damoulakis aridamoulakis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 06:21:10 UTC 2013

Hi Kaiti
I don't know if you know oscar pastorias? He's the guy who runs with
those specialy made legs. Anyway, what has happened is he shot and
killed his girlfriend. At first people thought it was an accident, he
claimed that he thought she was a burglar trying to rob his house in
the middle of the night, but now it looks as if what actually happened
is he murdered her on purpose. They are saying this now for a few
reasons:
1. The neighbours heard them fighting and screaming at each other
earlier on in the evening.
2. She was shot 4 times through the bathroom door.
All of a sudden, instead of being a disabled role model, there are all
sorts of unsavoury stories about him coming out of the woodwork. One
is that he took a car for a test drive, and thought himself so much
above the law that he drove over 200 kilometres per hour on a normal
public road. Another one is that he smashed up a boat because he
refused not to drive it when drunk.
Psychologists are saying he's got narsicistic disorders.
He has been arrested and charged with murder now, so he hasn't been
found guilty yet, but it does look that way, and so much else has come
out that even if he's not guilty of this people will never think of
him like they used to.
A very sad morality tale of what happens when fame and ego go to your
head, although one would have thought as a disabled person who was
relying on many people helping him to pursue his dreams he would have
been a bit more humble and careful.