[nabs-l] Paycheck question

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:45:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,
Alexa, congratulations! College is such an exciting experience!
All of the suggestions above are great. I tend to like to read my own
mail if at all possible, using Kurzweil, or other OCR software. For
checks, you are usually given a letter type paper, folded into three
sections. For the first check, you should figure out which third of
the letter is actually the portion that tells you the hours, rate etc.
You can then just scan that. Usually they are folded the same way each
time. The problem with trying to scan the whole thing, is that there
is information on top and bottom, which doesn't usually get OCRed
correctly.
Also, you can find your banks routing number by simply running a
google search for the bank, and location.
Thanks.
Mary