[nabs-l] teaching myself german

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:12:05 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I am a fluent English speaker, and I know Lithuanian (because my
family is) and I take Spanish in school.  I'd like to learn some
other languages, though.  I am thinking that I want to first
learn German.  So I have a couple of questions:
1.  Have any of you taught yourself languages online using an
accessible site? Was it easy?
2.  What is German Braille like? Are there any other symbols I
need to know besides the alphabet?
I already understand that it's going to take longer to learn
German because I won't have the opportunity to be with
German-speakers every day, so geting the accent will be tough.
Amazingly, it's not taught at our school, but I'd still really
like to know it.
I appreciate any comments.  By the way, I'm 16 if that helps at
all.
Sincerely,
Vejas