[nabs-l] Navigating Job Fairs

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Mar 12 01:06:06 UTC 2013

Hi, Misty,

         From what I have been able to notice, sighted people sort of
expect you to have an assistant of sorts to walk around with you,
reading names, filling out aps. In fact, it would seem to me that
bumbling around a job fair by oneself might represent an inability to
know when to call on assistance.  and that could also turn potential
employers off to the idea of hiring a blind person.
What do you think of this?
Keep us posted on how this job fair goes, okay?
for today, Car,

just about everything on my own, but this is something new for me,
and I don't want to look bad or awkward to employers while moving
around the job fair. Also, I do not know if it would turn employers
away if I go to each table and ask which company it is. Also, if you
had to fill out any applications there on the spot, how did you
manage that? Have any of you had any success with job fairs, and what
did you find that worked for you?